Hello, and welcome! My name is Jennifer Wennekers, and in 2018 I took the decision to look more and more into a vegan lifestyle, starting with my beauty products. Why, you might ask? Well…
- I had already been a vegetarian for almost 1,5 years, and for some products the switch would be rather easy.
- I wanted to become more sustainable, and contribute to a (somewhat) better world (#itsastart)
- Vegan is becoming hot! So many vegan alternatives are nowadays easily available and affordable!
What can you find here?
Making the decision to switch to vegan beauty products was one thing, but actually doing so required some (if not a lot) of research. Initially I did not know where to start! But Google was my best friend, and eventually I started to learn which brands were affordable, easily available, and also of a quality comparable to what I was used from non-vegan beauty products.
What we find changes who we become.Peter Morvill
So on this website you can find short blogs on vegan products (make-up and other beauty products, clothes and accessories) and restaurants that I’ve found, occasionally enriched with travel anecdotes of some of the trips I’ve been on, and anything else I would like to share.
In addition to that, I also link to my Pinterest Board, called “The Vegan Beauty Hub“, where you can find an overview of all the products that I’ve identified as vegan. How? Either it was mentioned:
- on the packaging of the product,
- on the product page of the brand’s website, or
- I’ve received a confirmation when inquiring via their customer service.
Take a look around, and share your thoughts by writing me a message through the Contact page!
A little about me…
- I am a twenty-something millennial (oh, how I loathe that term though…)
- My friends describe me as organised chaos. My partner says I’m a “0 or 100” person. I think these descriptions are meant to be compliments. Most of the times at least.
- I am based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, but travel frequently – and love it. Up until now I’ve been in 21 different countries, spread across Europe, the US + Canada, Africa and the Caribbean Island’s, and I definitely plan on expanding that number, as I just simply love to travel and discover new countries and cultures.
- I’m not an athletic person, but I enjoy swimming, kickboxing and running (not too much though).
- I am a parttime illustrator. My work can be described as abstract and a playful combination of different types of media. You can find me on Instagram as @Vuurfex –> consider following me!